Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Wow! I can't believe it is already May 11! May is flying by and I still am trying to catch up with housework, laundry, scrapbooking, etc. Today my little girls woke up with smiling faces and each of them gave me a special mommy day hug. As the day passed on, so did their smiles. They fought like cats & dogs! I am not sure I would say this was a restful day, but it was still good. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family...I am truly blessed. So on to the next...I am posting kind of late due to the creator in me. The last couple hours have been spent working on a card-making challenge. Hero Arts presents weekly challenges (a new one starts each Monday & lasts through Sunday evening) and there are prizes to be won! What I love about these challenges is that I can use my scrapbooking skills along with my new-found skill: stamping. Last week's challenge was to create a caring card for a organization called "Gilda's Club" (find out more at http://www.gildasclub.org/) for friends & family affected by cancer. The card must have the color pink on it and the actual card will be sent to Gilda's Club. This is my card & envelope: I am so tickled to get to send this card & know that this organization will use it to encourage someone in a difficult time. You can view detailed photos of my card at http://www.flickr.com/photos/24295841@N05/2484604449/. Have a great week!

No comments: