Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Weekend & "Park" Construction

This has been a busy & creative weekend for me. The challenges that I have competed in are really helping me add to my scrapbooking albums...which is good since I am sort of slow & need a boost like this to get me going! I have a new LO below that I have submitted to DreamGirls Challenge Blog (thanks, Julie, for having the link available on your blog!). I love how they inspire you to create while having a few stipulations to enter. Very fun & somewhat challenging. The challenge this time around is to do a page about me & use corrugated cardboard. It is challenging just to turn around and create something about us, the people who create! It is good, though...makes me think about why I am really here. I am here to create & share a beautiful layout of the life I have experienced. I am typically a slow scrapper, so this has been a good experience for me. I can't remember the last time I was so productive! :)
It is a good thing this weekend is a long one. My family & I have been utilizing every bit of it so far to create the "park" where Emma can play. :) Let me give you a little history regarding this little adventure Jon & I have been delving into this weekend. Our family usually ends most of our warmer days by going on a bike ride to a local park. Emma & Haley love to swing & slide. Our daily trips to the park are especially important to Emma. She has this thing about parks (meaning swingsets...Emma calls them "parks")...once she sees one, she immediately runs to it. I know...she is normal and like all other children who love them. But, we are afraid that one of these days she will end up in the neighbor's "park." So, we are preventing this possible incident from happening and have purchased our very own "park." I am sure we will continue to bike to the local park...but mommy will be rest assured that while at home Emma will be completely happy by staying in our own yard (at least that is what Mommy thinks). Here are some pics of the beginning stages of "park" construction:

Jon & Emma unloading the lumber

Emma helping out with the tower canopy

All lumber separated & ready to assemble

Emma in front of partially assembled tower

Thought I would capture Jon & I while at work. Had to wear a hat & hood due to the cool breeze....not taking any chances with my sinus troubles!

I will be posting some more updates on the "park" construction. Until then...have a blessed holiday weekend.

No comments: