Friday, June 20, 2008

Goodbye Bridge + Ray of Hope

Went to the bridge that is on the way to the family farm where I grew up. It collapsed in the local flooding almost two weeks ago. The Turkey River has run below the base of this bridge for as long as I can remember. I recall the water getting very high before, but never to this magnitude. The bridge has always been strong, holding the precious cargo that traveled on it. No more. The bridge buckled right in the middle...here are pictures:

I am feeling very sentimental right now...wondering how long it will take for this bridge to be repaired or replaced. My brother drives over this every day to his job...my friends travel this way to their church service every Sunday. I have a feeling that it may take a long time to fix the damage the rushing flood waters created - a long time for the bridge, the homes lost, & the lives affected by the harshness of human nature. It will take a long time to heal...

I got some great shots of the family while at the bridge...had to have a piece of "my bridge" to take home with me.

And my favorite...my ray of hope. I believe good things will come. :)

Have a good weekend. "Catch" you later...

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow just love that last photo. Awesome.

Laura said...

Thinking a lot about the people in flooded areas lately. So sad to see all the destruction and how much people are hurting. Your "ray" picture is wonderful.

Unknown said...

I was so sorry to read about your bridge and all the destruction the water has caused. I like your blog - I'll be baaaaaaack!

(Didn't that sound just LIKE Arnold Schwarzenegger?)

(Gigi/Deborah from HA)

Yaritza said...

Just found your blog through the Hero Arts flickr group. You do some awesome work.